Trail managing agencies
The managing agencies for the MapleHeart Trail, the Maple City Greenway and the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail are:
Goshen Parks and Recreation
Maple City Greenway
Fifth St. to County Road 28
County Road 28 to the tunnel at U.S. 20
York Drive in Middlebury to the Elkhart/LaGrange County Line
Tunnel at U.S. 20 to York Dr.
Shipshewana Parks Department
Elkhart/LaGrange County line to County Road 850 near Shipshewana
The responsibilities of the managing agencies are:
- Review and approval of events along the trail.
- Implementation and enforcement of trail rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of the trail and trail amenities.
- Maintain adequate liability insurance.
- Volunteer recruitment.
The managing agencies above and Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail have formed an oversight committee , the Pumpkinvine Advisory Committee, to carryout the following objectives:
- Build consensus on how the trails will be managed and maintained.
- Provide an outlet for communication and evaluation of issues related to the trails.
- Develop consistent approaches and policies for management and maintenance of the trails.
- Identify needed and available resources to manage and maintain the trails.
- Advise and recommend approaches to managing and maintaining the trails.
- Review requests for funding and provide recommendations to the Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail for funding trail projects.