Friday evening ride and Amish-cooked Thresher's Dinner
Enjoy a leisurely bike ride to an Old Order Amish home for a sample of real Amish cooking. This family-style meal includes:
|Roast beef||Chicken||Homemade bread|
|Apple butter||Real mashed potatoes||Gravy|
|Homemade noodles||Vegetables||Salad with homemade dressing|
Important information about this ride:
- You must also be registered for the Saturday ride.
- You must be pre-registered by May 31, 2013 (no late registrations accepted).
- You can choose to start your ride from Abshire Park or the Shipshewana Flea Market. The ride from Abshire Park will start at 4:45 pm and the ride from Shipshewana Flea Market will start at 5:15 pm.
- Bicycle distances are 24 miles, round trip, from Abshire Park and 16 miles, round trip, from Shipshewana.
- Return will be before dark.
- You will ride in several small groups.
- Price per person: $25 (includes tax and tip). Children six years and under $12.50
- The last half mile before Miller's Country Kitchen is on a hard-packed, gravel road.
Please note: If you wear cleated shoes you must remove them for dinner to prevent damage to the linoleum floors.
In case of rain we will drive to dinner. Parking is limited so we will have to car pool.