16th Annual Pumpkinvine Bike Ride
Start: Goshen or Shipshewana
North Central Indiana
Saturday, June 2o, 2015
If you prefer to register by mail download the registration form.
Registration will be available onsite on June 20.
The Friday Evening Dinner Ride is full. Registration for the Dinner Ride is closed.
We mailed the 2015 bike ride brochure early in February. The brochure has a registration form that can be completed and mailed to us. A digital copy of the registration form is available for download.
Bike ride fees
|Friday Dinner Ride||
* Children 13 years & under ride free
Ride start times
|Friday Dinner Ride||
4:45 pm* from Abshire Park
5:15 pm* from Shipshewana Flea Market
|Trail Ride, 23, 27, 33, 45-Mile||
7:30 to 10:30 am*
7:00 to 9:30 am*
7:00 to 8:30 am*
*Start times are Eastern Daylight Savings Time ... the same time as New York City.
Pumpkinvine Bike Ride brochures were mailed in February to our mailing list. A digital copy of the brochure is available for download.
By phone: Bob at 574-266-1362 or Danny at 574-266-4265
We are proud of the quality of our sags. They provide snacks, refreshments and toilets at roughly 15 to 20-mile intervals. We feature organic and locally produced foods as much as possible.
2014 Ride photos
Photos from the 2014 ride can be viewed here.
- Matching grant - Elkhart County Community Foundation (ECCF) awarded Friends a $300,000 two-year matching grant for trail construction. Net income from your ride registration fees will be matched dollar-for-dollar by ECCF.
New ride routes - We changed our ride routes for 2015 to make use of better roads. The ride distances will range from up to 101 miles.
New Trail Ride - You can ride on the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail starting from either Goshen or Shipshewana, choosing your distance of up to 35 miles, round trip. Up to six miles of this ride will be on county roads because of "gaps" in the trail.
Trail of the month – The Pumpkinvine Nature Trail was the Rails to Trails Conservancy’s Trail of the Month in November, 2014.
- A new beverage - Chocolate milk will be served at the three main SAGs.
- New moisture-wicking t-shirts - They can be preordered when you register. The design can be seen here.
- New mural attractions in Shipshewana by the Walldogs – See 15 historical murals on buildings in Shipshewana. For more information about the Shipshewana Walldogs including a documentary video visit: shipshewanawalldogs.com/.
- Quilt Gardens – The 2015 Quilt Garden pattern at Krider Nurseries World's Fair Garden in Middlebury will feature a Double Wedding Ring pattern.
Double Wedding Ring quilt pattern at Krider Garden
You may choose from our ten recommended ride routes described in About the Ride. The routes ranging from 10 to 101 miles are suitable for bicyclists who want a vigorous workout as well as those who want to bicycle at a leisurely pace on the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail and on county roads. You will experience horses and buggies on the roads, farm animals in fields, flower gardens, country schools and small towns.
The Trail Ride will start at Abshire Park in Goshen and also at the Shipshewana Flea Market. The round trip distance will depend on how far you choose to ride.
The 23-mile ride from Shipshewana is entirely on county roads and does not use the trail. The remaining rides from both Goshen and Shipshewana use sections of the trail along with county roads. The ride routes are flat to rolling except the route to Bonneyville Mill which is hilly but scenic.
If you bike 101 miles you will use all of the routes described on About the Ride. You can start in Goshen or Shipshewana.
Showers will be available after the ride at Abshire Park and Shipshewana Flea Market.
Links to Bike Rides and Calendars
League of Michigan Bicyclists Ride Calendar
Amish Lands and Lakes ride Aug. 7 - 9, 2015
Bloom & Zoom ride July 25, 2015
Midwest Bicycle Rides 2015 Calendar
Bike Rides in Indiana Calendar